Tuesday, October 8, 2013

DIY Beauty- Back From the Grave Halloween Nails

 Back from the grave nails for Halloween!
I've seen a very people do this and wanted to give it a shot since I am still wondering on what I want to be this year... I was hoping playing around would give me some inspiration. Sadly, I still do not know what I want to be this year but I am happy with how these turned out!
 What I used-
Wendy, Kennedy, Sophie & Brandt by Julep
Frappe by Nailtini for base
Press on nails
Optional-
Red lipstick
Black and brown eyeshadow or Halloween makeup if you have it. 
After you have applied your press on nails paint then with your base. I with with a nude color but you can start them off anyway you want. 
You can skip this step though I wanted to have nice nails and turn them into crap.
 Cut the press on nails to make them look like you had been clawing your way out of your coffin. 
*Try not to cut your real nails if they are long... you can cut the nails before applying them if you'd like.
Add a dark brown for the look of dirt under the nails and a messy coat of a khaki color to give the nails a hint of yellow.
 Sponge on a dark almost black color to the base and some on the tip of the nails and outline the nails with a red polish that looks like blood.
 You can stop here if you'd like.
Or you can get your hands a little messy and have your hands look like you just dug yourself out of a grave.
I applied some liquid scarring around my nail and up to my knuckles.
I then added some eyeshadow on my fingers and tops of my hand. The clean looking areas are where the "scaring" is
I pulled up some of the liquid scarring to make it look like like my skin had ripped and then put some red lipstick and some of the powder blood around and under what I had pulled up.
With a mister bottle I sprayed my nails with a little water to activate the blood.
That is that, hope you enjoy!
Give this look a try and post it on facebook and instagram using #LanieBuck
I'd love to see how it turns out if you give it a try!

Follow this blog with bloglovin' and keep an eye out for more Halloween inspired makeup and nail art!
Follow on Bloglovin